Kelsey from The Naptime Chef offers a stuffed mushroom recipe that will be a run-away hit at any occasion.
One of the best parts of good weather is outdoor entertaining. We are big fans of inviting friends and family to our table when we are able to fire up the grill and set food outside. One of my favorite summer side dishes to serve at these parties is Stuffed Mushrooms with Breadcrumbs & Cheese. They are incredibly simple and delicious and are a snap to make ahead of time.
This dish is perfect for entertaining because it lends itself perfectly to advanced planning and only needs a few ingredients. Also, it goes with nearly anything, making it a welcome addition to the buffet table. It even works well as a vegetarian main course if any of your guests prefer not to eat meat or fish.
No matter how you decide to serve this dish I guarantee it will be a huge hit with family and friends when you come together to break bread. Happy summer entertaining!
Stuffed Mushrooms with Breadcrumbs & Cheese
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 24 large white mushrooms
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper, and half of the olive oil, and mix well.
3. Stuff the breadcrumb filling into each of the mushroom caps and drizzle them with the remaining olive oil. Then bake the mushrooms for about 20 minutes, or until heated through.
Note: To prepare the mushroom caps in advance stuff the caps with the filling but do not drizzle with the olive oil. Store the mushroom caps covered with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Then proceed to drizzle with the remaining olive oil and bake.