Sausage and Mushroom Brinner Tacos
Erin from $5 Dinners blends sautéed mushrooms and sausage for a “Brinner” taco perfect for the late-night breakfast craving.
Breakfast tacos, typically made with scrambled eggs and some mix-ins. But these delicious tacos don’t have any eggs, so I’m having a hard time calling them “breakfast tacos.” They have breakfast sausage, along with some sliced mushrooms and other veggies, so I’ve settled on “Brinner (A.K.A Breakfast for Dinner) Tacos”…but they could totally be for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and of course, brinner. The blend of mushrooms and meat give them a hearty texture perfect for dinner, but with the comfort of breakfast.
Add your favorite tacos toppings (shredded cheese, avocado slices, sour cream or pico de gallo) to these for a fabulous and easy weeknight meal.
I can’t think of a better way to utilize the mushrooms in your fridge than with a late-night breakfast feast!
If you have a winning mushroom recipe of your own, don’t miss the chance to enter Mushroom Channel’s “Swap It or Top It” summer recipe campaign for the chance to win $5,000! The contest ends July 31, so start cooking today!
Sausage and Mushroom “Brinner” Tacos
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 2 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small orange pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, chopped
- 16 to 20 flour tortillas
- Topping Ideas – shredded cheese, pico de gallo or salsa, sour cream, avocado slices
- Brown the sausage with the taco seasoning. Once almost browned, stir in the mushrooms, zucchini, and pepper pieces. Sauté with the sausage until the sausage is cooked through and the mushrooms begin to brown.
- Spoon the sausage and mushroom mixture into the tortillas and top with favorite taco toppings.
- Serve Sausage and Mushroom Brinner Tacos with side of rice and beans, or fresh fruits.