Paula of Bell’Alimento brings umami-rich flavor to a dinner table classic with this signature spaghetti and mushroom blend meatball dish.
Spaghetti and meatballs make just about everyone happy (at least in our house). It’s a meal that’s simple and satisfying and ours comes together in just 20 minutes! We’ve added a little something special to our meatball recipe by blending in one of our favorite ingredients – mushrooms! Instead of having mushrooms in the tomato sauce, now they’re blended right into the meatball itself!
Our meatballs are baked not fried or cooked in the sauce itself. The recipe makes approx. 40 meatballs. While that may seem like a lot, they’re the perfect size. Not too big and not too small. It also means if you’re able to contain yourself and save some to make the perfect next day lunch – meatball subs!
Spaghetti with Mushroom Meatballs
Yield: 40 meatballs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces ground Italian sausage
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms – pulsed finely
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 recipe tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Into a large bowl add: sausage, mushrooms, egg, panko, milk and oregano. Mix to combine. Mixture will seem wet.
- Using a small/medium size cookie scoop, portion out meat mixture onto a non-stick rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add meatballs to cooked tomato sauce.
- Serve over spaghetti (cooked according to package directions until al dente).