The burgers have been served, the plates have been cleared, and the ‘grams have been counted.
After more than two months of the Better Burger Project™, a challenge that invited chefs to create a more healthy, delicious, and sustainable burger by blending ground meat with finely chopped cultivated mushrooms, we’re excited to reveal our five winners.
The chefs whose burgers appeared in the most Instagram photos, uploaded by their customers, emerged victorious. Our winning chefs are:
1. Quaff ON!, chef Dan Nichols – Bloomington, IN
2. Blue Southern Comfort Food, chef Carolyn Manning – Shreveport, LA
3. Belly Acres, chef Rob Ray – Memphis, TN
4. Bachi Burger, chef Lorin Watada – Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Pasadena, CA
5. Burgh’ers Restaurant, chefs Kiel Campbell and Fiore Moletz – Harmony, PA
In October, these chefs will travel to New York City, where they will serve their “Better Burgers” at the official welcome reception of the 2015 JBF Food Conference, taking place Sunday, October 18, at the historic James Beard House.
“This year’s conference will look at the future of food through three lenses: the farm, the kitchen. and health,” says JBF’s Kris Moon. “In keeping with the future-focused theme, the Better Burger Project was an inventive contest that challenged the culinary community to create new versions of an American standard, working toward a better tomorrow for food lovers nationwide.”