Brooke of Cheeky Kitchen adds a pop of flavor to your next holiday party with this delicious, bite-size Garlic-Bacon Mushrooms recipe.
You’ve had sausage-stuffed mushrooms and veggie stuffed mushrooms. Stuffing stuffed mushrooms and parmesan stuffed mushrooms. All delicious options, you may have thought (as I did) that I’d seen and tasted all there was to see and taste of stuffed mushrooms.
I was wrong. Like, so very wrong.
Because the best durned stuffed mushroom recipe ever has never been discovered…until now.
These Garlic-Bacon Mushroom Bites are so scrumptious, so savory, and so simply delicious that I nearly melted into a puddle of paprika-spiked butter, even as I slid that very combo into my happy mouth.
Never has a mushroom recipe been easier or more delicious than this here delight. Perfect for parties. Perfect for feeding a crowd of people you love. Perfect for adding some mushroom love to any table, this recipe is a must-make, must-try, will-crave dish that everyone will love.
Garlic-Bacon Mushroom Bites
- 24 large cremini mushrooms
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 4 thick slices peppered bacon, cooked and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pull the stems from each of the mushrooms.
- Wash and gently dry with a clean paper towel.
- Dip mushrooms in melted butter, then place mushrooms round-side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or in a large parchment-lined skillet or baking dish). Arrange the mushrooms so they’re not touching.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven until mushrooms are tender and dark brown.
- Flip each mushroom so the bottom side is up.
- In a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, egg, garlic, and bacon. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon into the center of each mushroom. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the center mixture melts and begins to bubble lightly around the edges. Cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.